I found this recipe at picket-palate.com and it is a stroke of genius-- whoever came up with the idea of combining ranch dressing mix with pesto? It's my new "go to" meal when it comes to taking meals to people-- It's that good and that easy!
If you'd like to see step-by-step instructions, you can go to Jenny's site. Additionally, I did make a few alterations to her recipe:
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (next time I will do 75% lean chicken breast instead)
- 6 ounce jar of pesto (I only used 4 oz)
- 1 package Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix (I only used 1/2 a packet)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (I used chicken bouillon instead)
Turn crock pot to low setting (my crock pot runs warm, so I cooked the chicken on the Keep Warm setting). Place chicken in crock pot and cook on low until about 70% cooked (100F internal temp). This took 2 hours. DRAIN chicken juice/ liquid from crock pot.
Then add pesto, ranch dressing and chicken broth into crock pot. Stir gently to combine all seasonings. Close with lid and cook for an additional hour until reaches internal temperature of 140F.
Serve with: salad, corn, potatoes, bread, pasta, rice, quinoa, etc.

No comments:
Post a Comment